Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I can finally walk like a NoRmAl person!

Yes, today I can finally walk like a normal person... no more old lady hobbling around... Post 5K my left calf was in a huge ball right under the back of my knee.  Stretching did NOTHING to help.... (ok maybe helped a little bit), but the pain would return as soon as I finished stretching.)  Walking was awful, because I couldn't use a normal gait, extension of my leg would just cause the muscle to ball up.  Monday was a little better, and yesterday even more better (I know that is not correct english)...I did the treadmill last night as well as the bike... and that seemed to help... YEAH!

Last night I decided I was going to go to Zumba!  If my leg was painful or not, I needed to get moving.  Luckily I woke up this morning and was able to walk normally!!!!  Zumba was awesome, I am branching out of my local Y (we have 4 in our area the one in my town is the smallest) and have been taking classes at the HUGE downtown Y, I thought having different teachers with different moves would help me not get "used" to routines... and WOW... it's great!  It did take me until today to realize the downtown Y offers a keycard to get into the parking garage, up until now I have been paying $2 everytime I went there... so another win for today.  Off to get some ibuprofen and a nice hot shower!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment