Monday, August 3, 2009

First of Three - Outside my Comfort Zone...

Well today I did something I knew I would eventually have to do seeing as I want to run a 5K, I ran outside. Yes, outside... in public, for others eyes to see. Totally freaking me out!

I loaded up the kids in the bike trailer/stroller thingy, got the dog hooked up with this harness and leash... and got my new podcasts uploaded to my iPod. I was ready to go...

All I could do was think... hey, what if people see me run... with all this fat! Duh... I am fat whether or not I run, running will make me less fat so I talked myself down off the ledge and we set out on our journey.

Surprising it was much hotter than I had thought, man we weren't down two houses and I was sweating buckets (a sign of a good work out, and a girl who has no heat tolerance). We did complete our whole training session, 38 minutes of C25K!! I managed to do it outside, feeling the sun, sweat, and breeze it was a beautiful thing! I had wobbly legs when I returned to my house... the kids had a great time and the dog was plain tired, he laid on the garage floor waiting for us to get our act together to go inside.

It was a wonderful morning!

2 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Great job on the exercise. I'm so glad you loaded up the kids and went. So often I hear people say, "I can't exercise because of my children!"

When I lost my 150 pounds, I loaded up mine in the stroller and had the oldest ride her little 16" bike and off we went. It was good for all of us!

Good for you!

Unknown said...

Wonderful attitude! So many people use any excuse in the world to not exercise (myself included). You will do this! Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment