Thursday, June 23, 2011

Keeping the Motivation

 

 
 

Everyone has motivation to loose weight.  The actual motivation may be a class reunion, wedding, a cute little black dress... most things are external.  I know that by loosing weight I will feel better, my knees won't hurt, I will feel strong, I will have more energy, I will reduce my risk for many life threatening diseases... yet it is so easy to slip back into bad habits.

Keeping the motivation is what has put me in a stalled mode in health-weight loss.  Everyone starts out the gate 100% committed, excited, and motivated.  Then when your results aren't exactly what you had hoped, or happening as fast as you feel you should be meeting them... you get frustrated.  The frustration leads to slipping back into old ways of thinking... negative thoughts, those lead to bad food choices and neglect in exercise... and you beat yourself up over your slip... and then after a bit you get back to phase 1 - excited.

How to stay motivated??  Working on that, when I get the answer I'll let you know.  For now I am living for today, doing my part to be healthy, living healthful, and enjoying life, and loving myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment