Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wait... what?? Why wouldn't I want to eat this way?

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my best friend Jen. We are so much a like it's a little eerie... in fact we not only think a lot alike, enjoy a lot of the same things... but we have struggled with weight for most of our lives as well. It has truly been awesome having her in my life, she's my WI sister seeing as my family is far far away on the East Coast!

We spoke of our failed attempts... and both come back to... JUST FRIGGIN DO IT ALREADY!
Jen is doing awesome!! She is doing a weight loss challenge with her husband and 40 or so other locals... and she is doing smashingly! We had an awesome lunch that she prepared! A spinach salad with chicken, peppers, cucumber, red onions, apples, garlic and herb laughing cow cheese, and a fabulous dressing made from EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar and honey. After eating nearly half the salad I thought man I am full... Jennifer said something that was like a light-bulb moment for me: "This is soo good, why wouldn't you want to eat this way all the time?"

I pondered that thought all day! It's just as easy to make healthy home made meals than it is to drive thru at McDonald's! All it takes is prep, planning, and motivation. Well planning I can handle that... prep... sure... motivation, I have been lacking otherwise this ship would have sailed long ago! But it dawned on me, the motivation is right here... staring me in the face... ME! I am totally worth every bit of time I put into eating healthy!! I am totally worth the extra effort and time it takes to exercise! I AM WORTH IT!

I can take time and volunteer to do nearly anything for anyone... but when it comes to do something for myself... I have a hard time. When in my life did I start to think that I wasn't worth it?? I can bring all that up... but it's old news. I have no reason to dwell on the past... I have been doing that for years and all it has gotten me is some extra weight around my middle.

Today is a new day. I matter, I am worth it! I can't go back and change the past, my ups and downs... my failed attempts... The only thing I have control over right now is myself... and how I tackle this mission, this journey, this season of my life. Onward and upward...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are worth it!!!!!!!!! Go Tracy go!

Jennifer said...

You are so worth it! And you are the best friend a girl could ask for. You can stop by for salad any day of the week!!!

Post a Comment