Thursday, July 30, 2009

Help! Did anyone get the name of the truck that just HIT me?

WOW! OK, so I have been working at this stay active every day this week goal.

I am proud to report:


Wed: 40 minutes of yoga.


I would have done more, however I had a migraine "hangover" the after effects of taking migraine medicine the night before. I then went into work as a co-worker had a death in the family. Today is the day I was going to do day 2 of my C25K for the week... however it's raining... and after that yoga I can barely move.

After taking the girls to their swimming lessons this morning I realized... screw the rain... I am going to go for a walk anyway. I put the girls in the bike trailer (that also coverts to a jog-type stroller) donned them in rain coats at their request... and went for a nice little walk. It felt great to feel the rain falling on me. It made me daydream of running in the rain... and I got all giddy inside.

On a side note, I am in big trouble now... I let slip that I am working toward this 5k... because last night I thought my legs were going to fall off... and well now people actually know about it. People I know will be asking me about it. Not just my husband who has heard it a few hundred times with no follow thru, or my friend Jen who has heard me lament about the fact that this girl wants to do a 5k. It's just what I needed to do, let it out. Now, I have to follow thru!

The kids are down for a nap/quiet time and I am off to soak in a nice hot tub as there are muscles that haven't been used for YEARS hollering at me for using them.

Jen - thanks for the Wii Active yesterday... that damn inline skating made my thighs like jello all day yesterday!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Tell me more about your 5K? When and where? I'll come out and cheer you on! :)

Tracy said...

Well I don't have a specific one. If I can get my schedule straight maybe the Susan G Komen one in Oct in Chicago... otherwise I will do one of the many up there way in the spring!

Jennifer said...

I'm telling you, the Wii Active is hard work. I'm going to re-start my 30 day challenge today. Thanks for the motivation!!!

Jen said...

You will LOVE the feeling of finishing a 5K. I run alot..but still scared to do yoga LOL!

Post a Comment