Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tired Thursday

Tuesday brought Zumba back into my life, I had been away from it for some time... and forgot how much I enjoy it, and how much it works out your whole body!  I am not one that enjoys exercise, but Zumba... makes me HAPPY!  I vowed, that with the addition of classes to our local Y's fitness schedule I could get 4 sessions in per week, and that would greatly improve my endurance, and physical fitted-ness (a word I just made up...)

So, yesterday...  I woke up at 2:30 am to the lovely sound of our water softener going off (it makes a hideous sound when it regenerates or what not), well for the life of me I could not go back to bed.  Finally at 4:30 am I decided to get out of bed... and sit in the living room, hoping that would help me relax... fall asleep on the couch, SOMETHING!  Nope, NOTHING!  The clock struck 5:10 am and I looked at the dog, and decided... okay we are going for a walk my friend.  We did a full mile which was glorious, and got back in time for a potty break (for me), and some water for the both of us.  6 AM brought me to my car, and by 6:09 AM I was at the Y ready to get my Zumba on!  By 7:30 am I was a WRECK! 

I am either hot or cold, not warm... I jump in with both feet... and well my body hates me for all this recent activity!  I drudged along, and did get a nap in because I could barely keep my eyes open.  By noon, I felt like every muscle in my body was going on strike, and acting as if I had forgot to send paychecks!  Ibuprofen is a great friend of mine, so I loaded up on a safe dose and drank enough water to float me down the river.

I ended the night with an evening with a dear friend, our children played... we talked... and ate Sushi (YUM!) and I was soo full from water and sushi I didn't even eat a "Knock you Naked Brownie" she made, I did however eat a very small piece before bedtime... and really it was sooo rich that a small piece is all you need!

This brings me to today, my muscles are still on revolt, and I awoke at 4:15 AM.  Really!?!  I am not a morning person, nor do I wake up before the alarm clock!  So the dog and I had a nice little 1 mile jaunt, and we had to miss Zumba this morning do to the girls' post-op visit... (they are doing AMAZING).  Strangely, as much as my body is angry with me... I am looking forward to doing Zumba tomorrow morning bright and early at 6:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment